Monday, December 17

Let the Christmas Tour begin!

Christmas Tour of Homes

Here are my indoor decorations! (Keep in mind, there has been ALOT of remodeling & a whole new addition to the house since last year, so all these ideas are subject to changing by next year! LOL)


First there's the tree...DH puts up the pre-lit tree & puts on the garland & the bow (Go here to see WHY we need a bow instead of a tree topper.) Then the kids put most of the ornaments around the bottom 2/3 of the tree. I put the breakables (I collect Precious Moments ornaments) on the top, the skirt around the bottom, & wrapped gifts for other family members under the tree. It's just not complete until there are presents too.

Here is our Sweet Treats Village. We started building this last year & guess what?!?!? This year, Walmart's not carrying this anymore! GRR! Notice our Bait & Tackle shop right in the middle of town. This should tell you I am a hunting widow & since it comes during Christmas, & 3/4 of the family is obsessed, I was talked into including it in our village.

Below is my Precious Moments nativity that is tucked safely in a corner of the living room away from kids & doggie tails.

We have our Christmas cards hung on a ribbon on each side of the door frame. Hopefully we will have enough room, but I think we are going to need something else. Maybe we will get some greenery to go over the door frame & hand down both sides to hang cards from. I sent out 51 cards & should get at least that many back. At the time of this picture, I have only received half that amount. At the far end of the hall, you can see DS13's door where we hung his stocking & the ledge that is shown in closer view below.

I bought this candle holder with this exact place in mind. This is a fake window between our dining room & the hallway. I wanted to keep decorations on this ledge or I'm afraid it will turn into a clutter catcher. I found this w/6 pastel votive cups for $5 at a yard sale last summer. I had the 2 of the end before, but I found the 6 in the holder at Garden Ridge in October & have been DYING to set this up!

Here is the rest of most of our decorations. We have Santa hats on top of the speakers, 2 extra stockings on the stocking holders where we will put the kids' stockings on Christmas Eve, there is a beautiful fiber optic angel on the top between the speakers. I also have assorted christmas candle holders around the living room too. (The wreath is part of the outdoor decor. I will get a pic tonight of it all lit up & post all that tomorrow.)

I buy us all a new ornament every year & here is this year's new additions.

13 comments:

kari and kijsa said...

Your decorations are lovely and that tiny little precious moments nativity...so sweet!

Merry Christmas blessings,

kari and kijsa

Hootin Anni said...

I love how you display your cards.

My holiday slide show tour is THIS WAY

Unknown said...

Looks great, thanks for sharing~!

on the Rock said...

I love that you added your Christmas stockings by the tv entertainment center. I've been wondering where I could put mine too! Thank you for the tour...

Sunny said...

Your decorations are so sweet! I'm giggling at the bait and tackle shop...I'm also a hunting widow!

ellen b. said...

Your Precious Moments nativity is so sweet. Thank you for the tour. Blessings...

Southern Heart said...

What a lovely home! Your tree is particularly lovely, and that nativity is so sweet!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

Gretchen said...

Love the way you displayed your cards. Merry Christmas!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful, thanks for having us!!

Anonymous said...

I dig the santa hats on the speakers!! Very festive!

Amy said...

Such great decorations. I love the precious moments nativity. I also love how you display your Christmas cards!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Nadine said...

What beautiful decorations. Merry Christmas.

KC said...

very pretty. I like the precious moment nativity.
thanks for letting us tour.
Merry Christmas