Wednesday, July 14

Works for Me Wed ~~ Easy Adaptable Cobbler

In the summer, we LOVE cobbler & ice cream. I mean, you gotta do something with all this fresh fruit that's in season, so you might as well make it into something YUMMY!
I love this recipe we stumbled onto for blackberry cobbler. The first time we made it, it vanished like a rabbit in a magic show, in less than 24 hours. The other day I found a dozen peaches in our fridge & my daughter was leaving for a week, so I knew they'd go bad. So I used that & some blueberries instead of the blackberries in the recipe. YUM!
Easy Blackberry (or whatever) Cobbler
  • 4 cups fresh blackberries
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 c sugar (I do half sugar, half splenda)
  • 1 c all purpose flour
  • 6 Tbsp butter, melted (try to keep it off the top of microwave..irks my hubby)

Preheat oven to 375° Place berries in 8" dish sprayed w/cooking spray. Stir together egg, sugar, & flour in a medium bowl til crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit & drizzle melted butter over top. Bake for 35 mins or until lightly browned & bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

For more Works for Me Wed posts, go to We are That Family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love simple recipes like this that end up tasting heavenly.