Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not? Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?I didn't list my books ahead of time, but I did challenge myself to read 1 non-fiction book a week & did not complete that goal. I also wanted to beat my total of 28 books for the past 2 FIR challenges & actually read less this time. But we did have a major educational meeting at school for my son that I was studying/researching for alot.
What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?
I learned so much from my Covenant bible study this year & loved the Letters to God book. Happy Now? was my worst book. I can't remember the last time I gave a book a rating of 0! Getting Sassy was also very disappointing since I was told DC Brod writes like Janet Evanovich. Someone lied to me.
Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?I fell in love w/Lisa McMann as an author. She kept me absolutely addicted w/her Dreamwalker series. I also love the Joey Pigza series by Jack Gantos. I am convinced he has ADHD to be able to capture that disorder on paper so well!
Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2010 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about?I have learned alot about Autism by reading Mockingbird, keeping the faith from Letters to God, the mind of a child w/ADHD from the Joey Pigza books, and of course I loved my bible studies.
What was your favorite thing about the challenge?
I love that you have such a laid back challenge at this very hectic time of the year. The only thing I missed was linking up the reviews.

2 comments:
It looks like the challenge was a success, even if you didn't read as much as you had hoped.
Oooooh! I just looked up the Lisa McMann series and I'm intrigued. :)
Post a Comment