It's going to be, Cici thinks, a special summer. She is fourteen, going on fifteen--old enough, she's sure, to be one of the "big kids" at Crystal Lake, where she & her family almost always spend the summer. Maybe this year Jack, two years older than she, will see her as more than a child.
But Crystal Lake is not the same. Cici's family was not at the lake the year before. And they haven't been told that there was a murder--a young girl--and that Jack's older brother, Brody, has been accused, convicted, & sent to jail. Cici cannot believe that Brody would do such a thing. Neither can Jack, his mother, and some of the other summer residents. So Cici tries to discover what really happened.
I picked this book up at a book sale last summer & it's been sitting on my shelf since then. I was finally inspired to pick it up when I noticed it's an Edgar Award winner & will help satisfy that reading challenge. When I was a child, I loved her book, The Girl with Silver Eyes, so I thought I might like this one too. I'm going to check out local libraries for more from this author.
Rating: 5
Edgar Award Winner 1997 Best YA

No comments:
Post a Comment